Monday, September 7, 2009

Name Sign



This is a name sign that I made for our basement book shelf. Again we did not have any decorations for our basement so I took it upon myself to make some. First I purchased a wooden board. I got this one at Hobby Lobby. I think it labelled $5.99 but I had one of their weekly 40% off coupons. Then I chose my paint color and painted it. For the name I used the rub-on letters that you can find in the scrapbook isle. It was super easy to line up because each letter was on the same size of paper. After I got the name & the "established" part on there I thought it needed something else. A little color, so I put a teal ribbon on it. I used a hot glue gun to glue the ribbon on. Then I found some lime green raised stickers from my scrapbook closet to put on there for extra color and decor. My advice is dig around in your house for things to add to the board...you can always glue magnets, stickers, photos, etc. You do not always have to go out and buy something. Here is the final photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment