Monday, August 17, 2009

The Next Food Network Star...





I LOVE reality tv shows, especially the ones based on food or cooking. This past season just finished up an my favorite candidate, Melissa d'Arabian was the winner. She is a stay at home mom of 4 girls and had no culinary training. She is self taught...which I really admire. She gave great cooking tips, money saving tips, and her food is GOOD. The night after the finale I made the recipe that won her the title of Next Food Network Star. It was called 4-step chicken. On the season finale she gave such great tips that I could re-create it in my kitchen without a recipe. Since then I have made it 4 other times. IT IS WONDERFUL, quick, and affordable for any budget. Today in my e-mail inbox there was the original recipe. So I wanted to share it with you.



Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced in half crossways (butterflied, cut all the way through)
1 teaspoon dried thyme, plus 1 small bunch fresh thyme, leaves chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup white wine, optional
1 cup chicken broth
3 lemons, juiced
1 to 2 tablespoons butter


Directions
Season chicken with dried thyme and salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Dredge the chicken in flour, add to the hot oil and saute until cooked through. Set chicken aside to rest on plate tented with foil.
In same saute pan, over low heat, add onions and fresh thyme and cook until aromatic.
In a measuring cup, measure out wine, if using, and broth, and add the lemon juice. Turn the heat up to high, and deglaze the pan with the broth mixture until starting to reduce.
Remove the pan from the heat and finish the sauce by whisking in butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place on a serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve. ENJOY!

I can't wait for Melissa's show to preview on the Food Network. I will be DVR'ing each episode. Melissa is fantastic.
This recipe and photos came from www.foodnetwork.com
Check out this website for more recipes and information on Melissa d'Arabian.

1 comment:

  1. Loving all the new reciepes (although I haven't tried any yet). Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete