Friday, August 14, 2009

Easy, Peasy, Yummy Green Beans

A couple weeks ago we went to dinner at our friends Heidi and Jason's house. Heidi made the best green beans and was so sweet to share her recipe with me. We have had them at least 3 times since that night. So I thought I should share with you.

Ingredients: Frozen or Fresh Green beans, Balsalmic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Red Onion, and Bacon
* You can use the real bacon bits that are already ready too. I did not have any so I popped some of the Oscar Meyer bacon in the microwave.

Chop your red onion and mix in a hot fry pan with a dash of Olive Oil
The aroma is amazing. Just be careful not to burn them. Stir occasionally to for even cooking. When they look and smell done add the bacon and cook about 1 minute longer. Next add the green beans and as much balsamic vinegar that you want. We like a lot (3/4 cup) but start slow. Continue to flip the veggies.
Final look: everything is done. Put in serving bowl and you are ready for the perfect side dish.


This is a low calorie, high flavor side dish. I hope you love it as much as we do. Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment